no cases of Coronavirus in Florida at this time
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – With the recent increased attention to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in both local and national media, BPS is reaching out to families and the community with information and important health tips.
There are no cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in Florida at this time, and there is no cause for alarm; however, we are encouraging our schools to be proactive.
District staff have a plan in place for our schools in collaboration with the Center for Disease Control, the Department of Health, and the State Department of Education.
We will keep our schools updated as information is shared with us by these entities.
With it also being flu and cold season, Brevard schools were already instructing students and staff on best practices for preventing transmission of respiratory and other illness:
• Avoid close contact with others who are sick;
• Cover nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing;
• Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer;
• Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth as germs are spread this way;
• Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs; and
• Avoid sharing food and drinks with others.
Please remember, students/staff/teachers with a fever should stay home from school until they are fever-free without medication for 24 hours.
CLICK HERE for the most up-to-date information on the Coronavirus.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS