Weight loss: 7 effective tips and secrets to shed pounds that most people do not reveal & |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Weight loss is a long and tedious process, that requires a healthy balanced diet, and regular exercise
- Many people think that what works for someone else to help them lose weight may work from them as well
- Here are some weight loss tips and secrets that no one will tell you, and that will help you lose weight
New Delhi: Losing weight is a part of being healthy, and staying that way. Obesity, or being overweight has been linked with the risk of various diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cancer, and even the disease that has caused the current pandemic, COVID-19. For anyone and everyone who is trying to be healthy, the first obvious step to keep diseases at bay, therefore, is weight loss.
With so much being said and written about weight loss and so many real-life anecdotes we hear from people, it is natural that one finds themselves lost in their journey for weight loss. For instance, there are so many tips, morning rituals, and weight loss ‘magic’ ideas circulating around, that you may not know which one to pick, and even when you follow some tips religiously, you may not get results.
7 weight loss tips and secrets no one will reveal
While so many people lose weight effectively and impart their wisdom on the subject, there are some things no one will tell you. There are also some questions that they may not have an answer to, just because what worked for them may not necessarily work for you. Here are 7 weight loss tips and secrets that you may not hear from anyone around you.
- Every body is different – All our bodies are made in the same anatomy. However, the processes in each body differ in some way or the other. When someone follows a certain remedy to lose weight and it works for them for whatever reason, it is not necessary that it will work for you.
- Knowing your body type is key – There are three major categories for body types. These include the ectomorph, mesomorph, and endomorph body types. When you think about losing weight effectively with diet and exercise, you need to really understand which of the three body types do you belong to, and how you must eat and workout to see results.
- Know what not to eat – While you may see so much information around you about what you must eat for weight loss, nobody focuses on what you must not. Practically, it is about leaving out certain foods from your diet that will help in losing weight and staying healthy overall.
- A morning ritual is not necessary – While many people follow morning rituals such as drinking warm water, green tea, warm water with honey and lemon, etc as a way to detox, and cleanse their system, or as a remedy for weight loss, it is not the most necessary thing ever. If you cannot practice it, does not necessarily mean that you will not lose weight if you follow the right diet and exercise.
- Only exercise will not lead to weight loss – It has been said by many experts and has also been proven by research, that weight loss results are achieved with 70 per cent dietary changes and only 30 per cent exercise. While exercise is a part of a healthy lifestyle and should be incorporated in your routine, only exercise may not help you achieve your weight loss goals.
- All fats are not bad – Many people refrain from eating anything fatty because they believe it is bad for their health and may lead to weight gain. However, we need to let go of the negative connotation fixed with the word ‘fat’. There are good and bad fats, and good fats like those from ghee, fatty fish, and others may prove very beneficial for your body.
- Carbs are not your enemies – We had learnt in school that carbohydrates are the main source of energy for the body. However, as we have grown up, we have been told that carbs are our enemies and the reason why we gain weight. As diets such as the Keto diet that focus on low-carb consumption became popular, people started to refrain from carbs altogether. It is important to understand that just like fats, there are good and bad carbs, and you must choose accordingly.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.